When you bite into dark chocolate with orange peel strips, you know it's true decadence in every bite. Completely glazed orange peel strips are liberally dipped and coated with an intense dark chocolate. It makes for a perfect sweet treat for any occasion or party - be it a summer bbq or a fancy evening party.
These chocolate orange strips are scrumptious with a cup of tea or coffee.
Here is the recipe:,
5 large sized oranges, preferably navel ones
675 gms granulated sugar
250 ml water
1½ teaspoons ginger powder (optional)
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1. Cut all the oranges in half and remove all pulp, flesh and skins around each segment of the fruit.
2. Cut the zest and the white portion into half inch strips.
3. Put the peels in boiling water and cover. Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Drain.
4. Repeat 4-5 times, utilising fresh water and draining it.
5. In a heavy bottomed pan, combine sugar and water. Add ginger and cook till a syrup is formed.
6. Mix in the peels and gently boil for 45 minutes, with the lid slanted so that steam can escape out. The syrup should be thick and not movable at this stage.
7. Put the peels onto foil or waxed paper and top with remaining sugar.
8. Let dry completely for 7 hours or more.
9. Melt the chocolate and dip each peel in it. Put in fridge to set.
Enjoy delicious dark chocolate orange peel strips!